The Not-for-profit Board Experience program is for early and mid-career CAs who want first-hand experience with NFP Board members as a Board Observer.
Not only can Board members of Not-for-profit organisations build rewarding relationships with the mentee, they can also help them develop opportunities that have a positive impact on their communities.
Board Observers are matched with a Director on an NFP Board to mentor them as they observe board meetings. Board Observers also attend formal workshops facilitated by the Governance Institute while working towards obtaining the Certificate in Governance for Not-for-Profits from the Governance Institute.
- Attend and observe Board meetings over duration of the program
- Have discussions with Board members on relevant activity and for preparation for meetings
- Attend five, 课程期间有4小时的工作坊, run by corporate governance experts at the Governance Institute
- Attend three scheduled networking events to meet participating Boards members and peers
- Present their experiences to other program participants at the debrief event
On successful completion of the program Board Observers are eligible for CPD由20小时起*^
* Additional CPD hours eligible for attending scheduled networking events
^Additional hour-for-hour CPD eligible for Board meetings attended
Participants can progress straight to GIA Assessment for full accreditation once they have completed the five workshops.
This is your opportunity to make a difference to CAs looking to take a leadership position on a Not-for-profit Board and provide skills and expertise guidance to members who want to help their communities. The program is voluntary for members who currently sit on a Not-for-profit Board.
- Be assigned an early to mid-stage CA ‘Board Observer’;
- Contact their Board Observer to organise and support their attendance at Board meetings
- Meet with them between board meetings (online or face to face) to discuss Board activity and prepare for discussions and future meetings
- Attend three scheduled networking events to meet other participating board members and peers
- Support and promote the program within your network
As a mentor in the program, Board Members are eligible for CPD由4小时起*
*Mentors in the NFP董事会经验计划 are entitled to claim CPD hours for the duration of all board meetings attended by their Board Observer. 除此之外, CPD hours are also applicable for attending the NFP董事会经验计划 open and close events and mid-way catch-up.
比赛是基于学员的职业目标, 非营利性的利益, 以及导师的背景, Not-for-profit experience and governance competencies.
Confirmed matches will be invited to a program launch in February. 该项目将于11月结束.
The Not-for-Profit Board Experience Program is voluntary for mentors to participate in.
董事会观察员的申请费为165澳元. This amount will be deducted from the full fee once successfully matched in the program. If you are not successfully matched this amount will be refunded to you.
The full fee for Board Observers, once successfully matched is A$2,600.
How to apply
Applications to participate in the NFP Board Experience program 2023 will be open mid-2022. 注册你的兴趣 below to be notified when applications open.
The program is currently available to full 注册会计师s ANZ members in select Australian States (NSW, VIC, TAS, QLD, SA, NT and WA). We are working with providers to offer the program to further locations in Australia and New Zealand for future programs. If you are based in a region where the program is currently not offered, 请注册并在下方告知我们您的兴趣.
注册你的兴趣 to be notified when applications open for the next intake of the NFP Board Experience program.注册你的兴趣